Thursday, January 22, 2009

the White Onion at Vace

Photobucket

This is the White Onion pizza at Vace Italian Delicatessen in Cleveland Park, Washington D.C., pronounced (vaa-chay). I could go on and on and tell you how much I like this pizza, but I won't. I'll just say It's my favorite pizza pie. All the others like The Italian Store, 2 Amy's, Pizzeria Paradiso and so on, have their own specialties and their great but this is by far my favorite. Very thin crust with the best tasting mozzarella, and plenty of shaved, sweet Vidalia onion. Their other pizzas are also made with fresh ingredients and are delish. Please visit their website for more info. It's located directly across the street from the famed Uptown Theatre. Many people consider Vace the best kept secret in D.C. and I agree, their pizzas are the best.

3315 Connecticut Ave., NW Washington DC, 2008, 202.363.1999 MAP

No comments: